You know those days when you pass by windows and see amazing pastries smiling at you.. Donuts screaming to eat them.. And –VLAAAAAAM– all that calorie counting (not that I do that..), going to the gym and saying no to Grannies when she offers you one last piece of cake or cookie can be gone in like 5 sec! Isn’t this like everyone? 😉
To be honest I’ve been, am and will always be a big D O N U T-lover.. I ate even more of them in my chubby (Yes, I had a chubby one) period –I will blog about this later-.
One donut can make up to almost 261 calories for 58g while eating 100g will fill you up with 450 calories. To make clear to you that this isn’t just some cookie from Grannies you couldn’t resist.. A warm (!) meal of an adult should add up to 600 – 875 calories max..
So I started looking for some alternatives.. (although I’m still going to eat donuts.. because *duuuuh* and ofcourse *badass* and they are just too nice of a taste) So I ended up with a very healthy alternative which looks like a donut but doesn’t taste anything like a donut!
If you would love to make this “cheat on donuts“. IT’S VERY EASY! It won’t take you as much time as you spend in the bathroom! 😉 So why not?
Just follow this recipe:
What do you need?
- 3 apples
- lemon juice
- 100 g of Philadelphia Original
- 100 g of yoghurt
- 100 g Petit Suisse (small Petite Garvais)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- EXTRA: as much toppings as you want or like!
I think that these ingredients are not that hard to find or almost everyone has them at home. But now the question is..
How to make these delicious healthy donuts?
BEWARE OF THE STICKINESS!
- First of all you need to cut the top and the but of the apple en cut the apple horizontal in 3 pieces.
- Second of all remove the apple core with some kind of form or just cut it with a knife (like I did).
- Now smear the apples with the lemon juice.
- Mix the Philadelphia, yoghurt, Petit Suisse and (most importantly) honey!
- Decorate the “donuts” with the cheese-yoghurtmix!
- Now you have amazing (naked) donut look-a-likes!
- You can now decorate your donuts with toppings!
While making these delicious healthy donuts:
And now the “cover-up” operation.. It’s like a real make-over of the apples.. ;p
What if I don’t have any inspiration to top the donut with?
Top the donuts with toppings, you can buy them in almost every supermarket. It goes from butterflies to hearts in almost every “girly” colour possible.
BUT for the dreamy (and hungry) types (like me..):
Top the donuts with Oreo crumble, chocolate, fruits (from strawberries to kiwis or even blueberries (they are so good for your health and metabolism!) and so on!
From left to right:
- I call this the “Blue Strawberry Sugarbomb”
- It’s made of strawberries, blueberries and the famous purple “Nose” candy sirop from Ghent.
- I call this the “Oreo-gonna-eat-that-or-eat-that”
- It’s made of Oreo cookie crumble.
- I call this the “Twinkle twinkle little pink star”
- It’s made of the toppings (sprinklers) you can find in almost every supermarket.
My personal favourite? The Oreo-gonna-eat-that-or-eat-that 😉
For the lovers of facts. or fact hunters. these apple donuts will only count for 61 calories per apple donut! Isn’t that like so little?!
You see, it’s so easy! Come on and show me those results! 😉
Next time I’ll try out other healthy donut variants! Stay posted!
P.S. You might want to replace the Philadelphia with other cheese variants but then you won’t get the extraordinary taste..
P.S. If you make them yourself and share it, please mention this post. (& @marissasorgeloos on Instagram) Thank you! 🙂
P.S. Don’t use any of my pictures without asking please!